Checklists for Success
The Marketer's Handbook: A Checklist Approach
The Marketer's Handbook: A Checklist Approach delivers a powerful wealth of practical marketing information in
The Marketer's Handbook: A Checklist Approach was conceived on April 14, 1995. It evolved
over a five year period as part of a collection of publications developed by Mark Hiltz, using a checklist approach
to provide key information to practitioners in the various fields of marketing, project management, association
management and events management.
The checklist approach helps you to identify, think about what you need to consider, evolve the questions to ask,
and from there, select what applies to your particular situation. It triggers thoughts and helps to generate new
ideas and new ways of doing things. It offers a way to explore all potential ideas.The research is done and
brought together for you. This proven approach is being used by organizations (corporations, associations,
governments and small businesses) and individuals in more than a dozen countries around the world.
More than 2,500 hours have gone into developing this publication. There are over 2,400 pages of checklists
spread out over the 30 chapters.
The Marketer's Handbook: A Checklist Approach is designed as a ready reference tool to help you in your
marketing activities. It is written for the seasoned marketer as well as the beginner. Checklists have always
worked well for me. They help me to step back, get an overview of the process, and then methodically fill in the
details. They keep me from losing sight of the forest through the trees. A tremendous amount of thought and
organization has gone into the preparation of this publication. This book is well organized, practical, extensive,
unique and different from other marketing publications. It is the "Jewel of our Collection".
The wealth of information contained in each chapter is there to help you think about and consider just what it is
that you have to do. The checklists help to identify, remind and prompt on ideas, issues, and considerations, that
may need to be acted upon.
The book presents an organized and flexible approach, providing choice and selection. It is concise, clean, clearly
written, easy to follow and can be applied right away. The information is presented under major chapter
headings. There are comprehensive subject and cross referencing indexes and a complete reference section in
Use the checklists to help you plan marketing programs, undertake research, develop strategies, segment your
target market, develop products, set pricing, plan promotional activities and all of the other marketing related
A UNIQUE TOOL FOR MARKETERS!
It consists of:
One CD-ROM containing 2,715 pages, 8 million bytes, 30 Chapters plus introduction, table of contents, indexes
and references, and setup to be accessed through Adobe Acrobat Reader (Software is included on the CD-ROM).
There is flexibility to do key word searches, take advantage of the various comprehensive list of bookmarks and
hyperlinks setup within the text, print individual pages, and copy and paste into your own format. The benefits
include portability, interactivity and searchability. The publication is available in english only.
It is also available in Mac format.
How it can help you:
- Increase the effectiveness of your marketing efforts
- Penetrate new markets
- Solve marketing problems
- Inspire and focus your marketing team
- Check to see that you haven't forgotten anything
- Increase sales
- Acquire new leads
- Retain and grow existing customers
How you can use it:
- Create a roadmap to implement marketing processes, practices, methodologies and standards
- Instill marketing skills and competencies into your business
- Help new marketing practitioners
- Develop training programs
- Generate reminders for activities and tasks that otherwise may get overlooked
- Plan marketing programs
- Familiarize and train staff and clients
- Help in building a resource library
- Become more creative, organized, flexible and productive
How customers are using it: (Comments received from Customers)
- To organize the marketing department.
- To help develop and implement an effective marketing strategy.
- To assess effectiveness of current marketing strategies and programs and incorporate new ideas.
- To ensure all steps are completed in the marketing process.
- To help establish marketing standards for the organization.
- To help with brainstorming specific marketing initiatives.
- To improve the depth and quality of our marketing efforts.
- To search for scope and parameters involving specific marketing projects.
- To help develop a marketing plan for new products.
- To improve current marketing and events project planning.
- To develop and communicate standard marketing plans.
- To contribute to the development of a marketing plan format, and to provide insight into a number of tactical elements.
- To increase sales and promote corporate name recognition.
- To assist the association in marketing to potential members and stakeholders.
- To develop an international marketing plan.
- To better market our services.
- To further develop marketing and sales efforts to grow the company.
- For training purposes.
- As an educational guideline for staff members so they can create policies, procedures, program and branding standards.
- As a memory jogger for our more experienced staff as they go through a planning project or develop a marketing plan.
- As a training tool for more junior staff.
- As a guide and a tool to validate criteria of our internal marketing strategy planning.
- As a reference/planning tool.
- As a resource for the marketing team.
- In support of advising clients.
- " I thought your samples were great."
- " I wish you every success with a wonderful idea."
- " I think you have a very good product."
- " I really like this material."
- " I am positive that marketing departments would find these checklists extremely useful in
their daily activities."
Topics covered include:
- Marketing Overview and Plans
- Environment and Situation Analysis
- Marketing Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Customers and Stakeholders
- Marketing Strategies
- Segmentation and Targeting
- Competitive Advantage and Positioning
- Corporate Identity
- Products: Goods and Packaging
- Products: Services
- Channels and Distribution
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Promotional Management
- Advertising, Agencies and Creative
- Media and Vehicles
- Collateral Materials
- Internet Marketing
- Promotional Products
- Sales Promotion
- Direct/Database Marketing
- Communications and Public Relations
- Personal Selling
- Special Events and Sponsorship
- Trade Shows
- Global Marketing
Take a look at which sectors and industry groups are using The Marketer's Handbook.
This publication is being used in Australia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Sweden, Switzerland, United States
- Marketing Strategists
- Federal Departments
- Food Safety Promotion
- Health Care/Medical
- Medical Centre
- Medical Diagnostics
- High Technology
- Wireless Applications
- Mobile Satellite Communications
- Software Development
- Emergency Services
- Information Services
- International Logistics
- Legal Firms
- Automation Control Products
- Consumer Products
- Granite Quarry
- Office Furniture
- Specialty Glass and Ceramics
- Steel Manufacturing & Distribution
- Oilfield Service
- Office Products
- Tire Company
- Student Travel
- Treeing Centre
- Wireless Communications Firms
Here's who it will appeal to:
- Agencies (Advertising, Communications, Public Relations, Promotion)
- Small Businesses/SOHO
- Community and Interest Groups
- New Startup Companies
- Educational Institutions
- Information Resellers
- Media and Multimedia
- Public Relations Firms
- Research Firms
- Service Sector
- Training Companies
- Affiliate Marketing
- Business Development
- Business Units
- Community Affairs/Relations
- Competitive Intelligence
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Services
- Customer Service
- Exhibits and Trade Shows
- Human Resources
- Industrial Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research
- Public Relations and Public Affairs
- Research and Development
- Sales Promotions
- Strategic Planning
- Trade Shows
- Web Marketing
- Account Executives, Directors, Managers, Coordinators
- Advertising Assistants, Coordinators, Directors, Professionals, Specialists
- Brand Marketers, Managers
- Business Development Directors, Managers
- Channel Managers
- Communications Managers, Specialists
- Conference Planners
- Creative Directors
- Customer Service Representatives
- Database Marketers
- Direct Mail Specialists
- Direct Marketers
- Display Marketers
- Event Coordinators, Organizers, Producers
- Field Marketing Personnel
- Global Marketers
- Graphics Designers
- International Marketers
- Internet/Online Marketers
- Market Brokers, Consultants, Planners, Researchers
- Market Segment Managers
- Marketing Administrators, Analysts, Assistants, Associates, Campaigners,
Consultants, Coordinators, Executives (Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers),
Generalists, Representatives, Practitioners, Professionals, Specialists, Support
- Marketing Product/Program Managers/Project Managers
- Marketing Professors
- Marketing Promotion Managers
- Marketing Research Analysts, Directors, Professionals
- Marketing Services
- Media and Multimedia
- Media Buyers and Planners
- Organizers - Special Events, Trade Shows
- Packaging Designers
- Partner Development Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Pricing Managers, Specialists
- Product Managers, Analysts
- Product Line Managers
- Product Marketing Managers, Specialists
- Promotions and Corporate Sponsorship Managers
- Public Relations Consultants, Managers, Professionals, Specialists
- Merchandising Managers, Specialists
- Retail Marketing Managers, Specialists
- Sales - Administrators, Executives, Practitioners, Professionals
- Target Marketing Specialists
- Technical Marketing Specialists
- Trade Marketing Managers
- Web Marketers
Some of the benefits of using The Marketer's Handbook:
- Makes your job easier
- Avoids costly errors and saves time
- Provides information all in one spot - ONE STOP SHOPPING!
- Stimulates creativity
- Reduces the oversight of important factors
- Helps trigger thoughts, generates new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Provides a starting point
- Takes the guess work out of what you have to think about
- Assists you in becoming better organized, flexible and more productive
- Facilitates planning, goal and priority setting
- Reduces pandemonium
- Eliminates re-inventing the wheel
- Enhances your value to the firm
- Raises your credibility
- Gives your organization something to measure itself against, ie a benchmarking tool
- Helps you set priorities
Free Sample checklist are available via e-mail for your review
prior to ordering. Please see "Contact" section
to request samples.